Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review Edition: O Spa - Los Gatos, CA

As we get older we tend to become more cautious about things compared to when you were teens. One main thing I am trying to give up is going to the tanning beds. Now we all know that these can be very harmful to your skin but so many of us make the choice to do it anyway. Everyone that uses these beds know that the side effects can range anywhere from leathery skin as you age to the worst case, the dreaded C word.  We all like to think “That would never happen to me” but the truth it is very could.  

In an attempt to be nicer to my body I have decided to check out my alternatives. Please understand that I am not an active tanner year-round. I only tan when spring is in the air and my nice Italian glow has hibernated for the winter and has yet to reappear. I actually only tan about three times before I can get a color I love and that my body will hold onto. Still, it’s not a habit I want to keep because of the harm to my skin and my pocketbook. ;)

With a good friends wedding coming up rapidly and finding a nice knee length dress to wear I knew this was the time to start exploring my options. I thought about trying to get just a tad of a natural glow by tanning normally by the pool, but with this extended winter California has been having that option was out. I then looked into spray tans which I have heard horror stories about. I decided to give spray tanning a chance. (And no I am not talking about the kind of spray tan when you walk into a box, pose like your doing the running man, and the machine sprays stuff at you where it thinks you are.) I called the spa where I get my facials (O Spa salon in Los Gatos) and to my surprise they actually offered the airbrush spray tan I was looking for. So I went to the this morning the before the wedding I am attending got sprayed and hoped for the best. I forgot to get a before picture but I am not sure I would want to share that anyway, but here is the result:



I love the way it turned out. This options works is much safer, and way cheaper. ($35) Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment