Friday, March 27, 2015

Paleo on the Fly


I always try to have our meals planned out in advance. I hate hearing the question "what's for dinner" even if its me asking myself in my own head. To avoid having to run to the grocery store after work to figure out dinner, I usually do one weekend shop for the week's dinners and lunches. This past Saturday Joe and I headed to our local grocery store and basically just picked out protein that was on special. I wasn't feeling myself on Saturday and didn't think it through. That night I realized that yes we have fish, pork, and chicken but I failed to choose recipes and make sure we have sides or ingredients for those recipes. In the fridge I found two sweet potatoes and in the freezer two boxes of frozen green beans. I decided to mix the veggies with minced garlic, salt, pepper, dried oregano, and a little olive oil. For the pork chops I just seared each side on the stove top and finished them in the oven. The total dinner took a little over thirty minutes to prepare and was extremely tasty.

Eating Paleo can be difficult just because there are a wide range of foods you have to cut out of your diet; But making Paleo recipes is actually a much easier way to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment