Saturday, June 28, 2014

BluePrint Juice Cleanse



For the last couple of months I have been toying with the idea of trying a juice cleanse. Juice cleanses have become very fashionable at the moment and I cannot say that I am not intrigued. The one factor standing in my way from jumping on the bandwagon is the price. The most popular cleanse here on the east coast seems to be The BluePrint Juice Cleanse. The BluePrint Cleanse runs around $195 for a three day cleanse and they also offer an option to get the juices delivered monthly. If you attempt to go for the home-made solution I feel that you need knowledge about what specific produce provides for your body. If you make your own juices without the necessary information you can run the risk of depriving your body of essential nutrients just because your chose the produce you like or tastes the best. Personally, I do not feel as if I have the needed expertise to make the juices myself. Comparing the price of a ready-made cleanse vs. home-made, I am not sure if there will be much difference. If you choose the home-made option you will need to purchase all the organic produce as well as the juicer which can run close to the cost of purchasing an already-made cleanse. Although owning a juicer can pay off in the long run I am not ready to make that kind of commitment. 

Recently, I have noticed that my local health food store is beginning to carry the BluePrint juices and selling them individually. Individually each juice runs between $6.99 - $13.29. I am lucky enough to have a 20% employee discount at this store and everyone knows I like a bargain. So here is my announcement: I will be attempting a one day cleanse in the near future! I realize that normal juice cleanses are three days but I have spoken with a friend of mine that I consider a juice cleanse guru and she advised me to start off slow. If all goes as planned I may be expanding into multiple day cleanses. As soon as I figure out the details about when I will be completing this cleanse I will post those specifics. I will also be writing a full review about every step of the way.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment