Sunday, February 2, 2014

101 Things in 1001 Days: #26 - Add 50 New Amazing Recipes to My Recipe Book & #28 - Make 25 recipes out of my cookbook collection


 Pasta e Fagioli 
(Budget Bytes Cookbook by Beth Moncel)

 This soup was delish although I made a rookie mistake while preparing this dish. I have a habit of barely reading through a recipe before I begin the process. I am always sending my husband to the store in search of a forgotten ingredient. This was a little different but I am going to make a point never to do this again. At the very end of this recipe you add the pasta to the boiling soup to cook. When I reached this step I when ahead and added the ENTIRE box of pasta to the soup. Noticing quickly that it didn't look right I consulted the recipe. As you will see below the recipe calls for one CUP of pasta. Ooops! I happened to have extra chicken broth on hand so I added a couple extra cups and it turned out great. (I am sure it would have been better the correct way but we loved it anyway.)A great winter day soup.
 
 
#26 - Add 50 new amazing recipes to my recipe book
6% Complete
 
#28 - Make 25 recipes out of my cookbook collection
 8% Complete

 


No comments:

Post a Comment