Monday, September 3, 2012

Review Edition: Pledged by: Alexandra Robbins


This is the second time I have read this book and sadly, I don't love it at much as I loved it the first time. The booked is based on a true story that follows four girls through one year of sorority life.The story is a good one, keeps your attention throughout the entire book but there are a couple things that bother me about this book. There are four different main characters and each chapter jumps between the four girls to tell their story. This can be kind of confusing and if you stop reading for about a week or so like I did you tend to be lost once you resume reading. Between telling the girls stories the author frequently shares her own story, research, or facts about a topic. At first I loved this because it gives you more background information about the Greek system, as the book went on I became annoyed at the interruptions to the story. Overall it is a good interesting read that I would recommend.

☻☻
4 out of 5 smiles – An enjoyable read

No comments:

Post a Comment