Tuesday, June 5, 2012

We All Scream For Ice Cream

Back in the kitchen! Today I felt the need to cook or make something and without my baking supplies I had to use my imagination. I had made a promise to myself before we moved that I was going to make an effort to use all our kitchen gadgets we received for our wedding. So today I opened the cupboard and what did I see? Our Cuisinart ice cream maker was screaming to be used. I pulled out the manual (Yes I keep all our manuals for everything we own) hoping it would include some easy recipes. I was in luck, so I went to work. Surprisingly the process was really simple and fun.
Mix together the dry ingredients...
Add the cream and whole milk...
 Pour the mixture into the handy dandy ice cream maker, push on and watch it spin...
Wait twenty minutes and TA DAA!
I asked Joe to help me transfer the ice cream to a bowl and he stole a taste before I could say a word. His eyes widened and I knew what that meant. I took a quick spoonful and instantly I could taste not only homemade chocolate ice cream but it tasted exactly like a Wendy's Frosty! I am very excited to use this more often and experiment with different flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment