Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Recipe Edition: Mom's Baked Egg Muffins

Even though I have once again neglected my cookbooks I have really found a recipe I love. Ever sense Joe and I started working full time it's been a challenge to get up early enough to enjoy breakfast. Considering I have to be at work at 7am each morning and it takes around 20-25 minutes to get there, I knew I needed to make something we could eat and run with in the morning. I started with blueberry muffins but wanted to make something a little more involved. (I am never going to become better at baking or cooking if I don't take on things I have never tried before) I found a recipe on allrecipes.com for Mom's Baked Egg Muffins. Each muffin is a full breakfast on-the-go which includes toast,eggs,cheese, and bacon. These are amazing!

(Please excuse the last lonely blueberry muffin)

Again, if your interested in the recipe you can find it here.

Recipe tips:
*Bake for the full 15 minutes and make sure the centers are cooked and have thickened
*To each their own but I suggest leaving out the heavy cream - there's really no need for it

No comments:

Post a Comment