Sunday, December 15, 2013

It's Cookie Season


Sense we have flown home every year for Christmas, Joe and I have yet to have a New York Christmas tree. It never really feels like Christmas till we are home in CA. This year I wanted it to feel just a little more like Christmas around our treeless house. I decided to spice my normal chocolate chip cookies with a little Christmas flavor. So there I sat in the kitchen listening to Christmas music and making my very own Christmas cookies. It also felt a little more like Christmas because this weekend we welcomed a snow storm. I am not sure about other people but I think snow storms that come on Saturday are like a gift. I love sitting in my living room with nothing to do but watch the snow fall. Joe and I were able to get a ton of chores done around the house in preparation
for our trip. We are very excited to be heading home for the Holidays and spend time with our friends and family. Although this year will be somewhat of a short trip I am sure we will come home more tired than arrived. Also, following the tradition from last year we are not coming back alone. It seems like every year there are always people ready and willing to fly back with us and visit over New Years. I am not going to spoil the surprise, so just check back for updates to learn who this years New Years visitor is. 



 Christmas Chocolate Chip Cookies


1/2 lb Butter 
1 Cup Dark brown sugar 
3/4 Cups white sugar 
1 Tablespoons vanilla 
2 Eggs 
3 Cups all purpose flour 
3/4 Teaspoon salt
 3/4 Teaspoon baking soda 
2 Cups of NestlĂ© Chocolate Chips 
& CHRISTMAS SPRINKLES!

Until next time, Happy Cookie Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment