Sunday, December 1, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

This year for Thanksgiving Joe and I did not spend it alone. We had a very special visitor, but thats a lengthy post for another time. 

Some of you might remember that Joe asked me to bake him a homemade cheesecake last year. This year as his Thanksgiving treat he wanted a good ol fashioned pumpkin pie. I have never made a pumpkin pie before but I figured I would try. I have to say I was a little nervous just because I didn't know what I was doing.


 I have to admit I don't think the outcome was too bad.


We went to the local Diner as we always do for Thanksgiving Dinner. To make things more interesting I asked for a slice of the Diner's pumpkin pie to go. When we arrived home I set up a taste test, my pumpkin pie vs. The Diner's.


My pie (lower left corner) completely blew The Diner's pie (upper right corner) out of he water! (So says Joe and My Secret Judge)

All in all we had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend. I will post more details soon about our very fun and crazy Thanksgiving weekend. (And I will reveal my secret judge)

I hope you all had an amazing Thanksgiving weekend with the ones you love.

Gobble Gobble :)

No comments:

Post a Comment