Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Another Obsession

Everyone that knows me well knows that I am obsessed with two things: OPI Nail Polish & Cookbooks. Soon after I began to bake and really enjoy it I wanted to take on cooking. Not only was I going to venture out and make things I have no idea how to make, I wanted to be a good cook with a ton of favorite (easy for me) recipes at hand. This is where the obsession began, I started small and registered for a few key newlywed cookbooks that were full of tricks and tips for beginners. To my surprise we received a handful of cookbooks from my Aunt and Uncle including some we did not register for, which are now some of my favorites. I have quite the collection of cookbooks and sadly have not made many recipes from them... yet. I have recently found a recipe blog that I love so I have been neglecting my cookbooks. I am determined now to show my cookbooks some love. One of my favorite cookbook is one that I received for Christmas from my Aunt.
Martha Stewart is kind of a pet peeve of mine but sometimes she hits the nail on the head. A fun detail this book has is that it divides all the recipes into four different seasons.
From this book we have made sloppy joe's and baked ravioli both of which were amazing. I can't lie we don't always cook recipes from the current season.

What are some of your favorite cookbooks?

I now have a collection of a whooping 22 cookbooks. My mother and Joe both agree that I am not allowed to purchase another cookbook until I have made every single recipe from all the cookbooks I have... I better get cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment