Sunday, March 18, 2012

Bakers Edition: Saint Patty's Day

As some of you may know I am a BIG baker. I am attempting to work on my cooking skills but my baking skills are remarkable. I love baking anything and giving it away. I think I get this trait from my grandmother who still bakes for my whole family.

This Saint Patty's Day I wanted to attempt to make something green. I choose to see what my chocolate chip cookies would look like green. I added some drops of green food coloring into the dough and wished for the best. After baking I realized that the longer you baked them the lighter green they became. In result whoever ate my Saint Patty's Day cookies got a cookie that was nearly dough in the middle to preserve the color. (Some people like them undercooked anyway.) They were a hit but the cookies that I choose to bake longer turned out somewhat of a mold green which did not appeal to all.


Happy Saint Patty's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment