Wednesday, October 9, 2013

It's Not Just the Leaves That Are Changing...

Tomorrow is the day that I begin my new job and career. I didn't think about the changes that this new position would bring but I am surprised to find there are more than a few. Aside from the normal nervousness/excitement that a new job creates there was more preparation required for this transition. Here are just a few:

  • Set up an account for my monthly train pass.
  • Had to visit town hall to apply for a parking pass at the train station.
  • Cancel my current gym membersip.
  • Join a new local gym in New York City.
  •  I can no longer wear jeans to work. (Which I actually like)
  • I cannot wear any of my 5 inch heels because I will be walking a lot.
  • I need to shop for wedges and flats.
  • I need to hem some of my work pants so I can wear flats.
  • I have to finally invest in an umbrella. (No, aside from stealing my mother's I have never owned one.)
  • Break out the fall/winter clothes so I don't freeze while walking from Grand Central Station to work.

This is all I can think of at the moment but I am sure there is more that is currently slipping my mind. One thing about my new job that I thought was a little strange was my schedule. Keep in mind I am a salary employee but I will work 9am - 5pm each day and get a full hour lunch. In summary I am only scheduled to work seven hours a day after subtracting my one hour lunch. I am used to working eight plus hours per day so this is a pleasant change.

Wish me luck for tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment